To set up a new two-factor authenticator, please follow the steps below. For more information about two-factor authentication, please see: What is two-factor authentication?
If you've previously set up one of these options, but have lost access and can't log in, please instead see: How do I recover my two-factor authentication?
Use the Digidentity Wallet app (Smart card)
Each time you log into your account, you'll be asked to confirm by entering a five-digit PIN code on the Digidentity app
- Install the Digidentity Wallet app on your smartphone or tablet. You can find our free app on the app store of your device by searching for 'Digidentity Wallet' or by clicking the relevant link below:
- Click here to log into your profile page
- In the Settings section, select 'Change two-factor authentication'
- In the 'Smart Cards in your app' section, select 'Add New'
To confirm your new authenticator, the steps to follow change slightly depending on your situation:
If you're following these steps on the same device where you've installed the app:
On the following page you will be asked to activate your smart card.
- Select 'Open the app'
- The Digidentity app should then automatically open on your screen and ask you to create a five-digit PIN code and confirm it by entering it a second time. Once you've confirmed your PIN, your smart card will be ready to use.
If you're following these steps on a computer:
On your computer screen, you will be shown a QR code
- Open the Digidentity Wallet app on your smartphone or tablet and select 'Scan QR code'
- Hold your smartphone/tablet up to your computer screen, and aim the camera towards the QR code
- Once the QR code has been recognised, the app will ask you to create a five-digit PIN code and confirm it by entering it a second time. Once you've confirmed your PIN, your smart card will be ready to use.
Returning to your registration
Once you've updated your two-factor authentication through one of the methods above, to continue with your registration, please see: How do I return to my registration?