A QR code is a black and white square barcode that is used to link the Digidentity app to your registration. This QR code can be found on the Digidentity registration web page (and not on your identity document). Below you will find an example QR code:
The information in this article is only applicable if you have been filling out your Digidentity registration on a computer or laptop. If you have been filling out your registration on a smartphone or tablet, you will not need to scan a QR code. Should this be the case for you, please see the pages below for more information:
Downloading the Digidentity app to scan your QR code
The QR codes used on our registration web page need to be scanned by the Digidentity app and will not respond correctly when scanned by other QR code scanning apps. Our app can be installed by searching 'Digidentity' in the app store of your smartphone/tablet or by heading to one of the links below:
What is the QR code used for?
The Digidentity web page uses QR codes for two purposes:
- While uploading a document so that the Digidentity app knows which account to upload your document to.
- While setting up two-factor authentication for your account
Where do I find the QR code?
You will find the QR code you need on the Digidentity registration web page. If you are no longer on our registration web page, please see the following article for steps to log back in: How do I get back to the registration web page? The QR code will only be visible when you view our web page on a computer or laptop.
I have found my QR code, but the app won't recognise it
If you encounter any issues while scanning the QR code from your computer screen, we advise you to check the following:
- Ensure that you are using our specific app (Digidentity)
- Make sure that your mouse cursor is out of the way of the code
- Check that the code is not being covered by reflections on your computer screen
- Turn up the brightness of your computer screen.
- Hold your device at a distance and move it closer towards the code. At some point the code should be recognised
- If the camera image is blurry, wait for it to focus or try tapping the screen to force the camera to focus