If your document is rejected via the app, it could be due to a number of reasons, but usually it is due to the way that the photos were taken. For example:
- The document photo was not focused enough for the details to be read by the system.
- Part of the ID document may have been cut off in the image.
- The photos were not of a good enough quality for the verification service to validate it.
- The document has expired.
- Not enough movement was detected between the two selfies.
- The selfies were not clear enough to compare against your document photo.
Below are some factors to help reduce the document photos being rejected:
- Please ensure you take a photograph of the original document and not a photocopy or scanned version.
- Please ensure all relevant information is clearly visible, with no objects or shadows covering any details or edges. In order to verify your document we need to be able to read all information on the document.
- Make sure the document is in focus and not blurred.
- When using the mobile app, use the green outlines on screen as guidelines when lining up the document. We cannot accept a document if the photo has been taken at a significant tilt.
- Ensure there is no flash or glare across the laminate obscuring the view of the information and photo.
- When taking the 'selfie' we advise you to treat this photo like you would with a passport photo. We need a 'selfie' which is in line with the camera and not at a angle.
If you're still experiencing issues with the upload of your document, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our service desk team.