When requesting eHerkenning with Digidentity, the following information must be provided:
- The organisation’s PROBAS number and/or name
- A valid passport
- A valid email address
- Billing information (IBAN, BIC/SWIFT, Billing Email)
- A working smart phone (iOS/Android with a working internet connection).
Please ensure that you have all requested information readily available before starting the registration process.
Please note: the authorised representative of your organisation must register first. Additional users can register once this has been done. A registration for eHerkenning PROBAS can be started from this website.
- Visit the eHerkenning PROBAS website
- Select 'Register now'
Step 1 & 2 - Create Your Account & Confirm Email
The first step is to create your account.
- Enter your Email Address
- Create & Enter Password
- Accept Terms & Conditions and Privacy Statement
- Fill in Confirmation Code - A confirmation code is sent to your email. Please fill in this code.
- Select 'Purchase' on eHerkenning PROBAS
Step 3 - Accept User Agreement
Once you've created an account, you will continue with the next step in the registration for eHerkenning PROBAS.
- Select 'Start the registration' - Button on the bottom left.
- Scroll down and accept the user agreement*
*The user agreement comprises the standard eHerkenning Terms & Conditions. It is currently only available in Dutch.
Step 4 - Add Two-Factor Authentication
The next step is to add an extra layer of security to your product with a Virtual Smartcard. The pincode of this Virtual Smartcard will act as your login code for eHerkenning. Be sure to memorise it!
- Select 'Use the Digidentity App' - It is highly recommend to use the Digidentity mobile app. This mobile app is also necessary in the next step to upload your identity document.
- Download the Digidentity App (iOS/Android) - Instructions are included in the registration
- Select 'Scan QR' in the Digidentity App
- Scan the QR Code on your computer
- Enter a five-digit pincode - confirm the code twice.
Step 5 - Add your Personal Details
To register for eHerkenning, Digidentity is required by the Dutch government to verify your identity using a valid identity document (passport/driving licence/ID card). This document is verified through Digidentity’s secure mobile app (iOS/Android). Verification can be completed through two methods:
|Near-Field Communication (NFC)*||± 1 - 2 minutes|
|Taking a picture of the document||± 5 - 10 minutes|
*For eHerkenning PROBAS, the registration is NFC first. Taking a picture of your identity document is only possible if you are unable to upload your document with NFC. If you have an Android device, please ensure that NFC is enabled. NFC is enabled by default on iPhones.
- Select 'upload your identity document'
- Scan the QR code using the Digidentity App
- Select your ID Document - it is highly recommend to choose passport. This is the quickest verification process!
- Follow the instructions in the Digidentity App
- Take a selfie using the Digidentity App
Step 6 - Provide Your Organisational Details
After confirming your identity, we will need to verify your organisation.
- Enter the PROBAS number or name of your organisation - it is recommended to use the PROBAS number.
Step 7 - Await approval
As Authorised representative
If you are an authorised representative of your organisation, your registration will be automatically approved. Additional users can now be instructed to start their registration. All pending requests by additional users can be approved in the Digidentity Self-Service Portal.
As An Additional User
Once the request has been processed, Digidentity will send a notification to the authorised representative of your organisation for approval. Once approval has been received, the user will be sent the necessary information to use eHerkenning.
No authorised representative yet?
If the authorised representative does not yet have eHerkenning, user requests will remain pending until approved by an authorised representative. In that case, the user’s request will be completed once the authorised representative has registered for eHerkenning and approved the pending request in the Digidentity Self-Service Portal.