If you can no longer log in with your level three or four smart card (eg. due to expiry, being blocked, forgetting your PIN, or changing phone), it is possible to recover your smart card. This process is free of charge.
To recover, you will be asked to resubmit your proof of identity via the Digidentity app using a driving licence, ID card, or passport (for Qualified eSGN accounts, NFC must be used to scan the document's embedded microchip).
Starting the recovery
Before you begin, please open the app store on your device and check the updates section to make sure the Digidentity app is up-to-date. You can then proceed using the steps below:
- Go to https://my.digidentity.eu/ and select ‘Log in with credentials'
- Enter in your email address
- Fill in your password (if asked)
- When asked to log in with your smart card, select 'I lost access to this two-factor'
- An email will be sent to you with an account recovery code. Enter this code to the login page, and select 'Continue'
- Answer the security question
Setting up your new smart card
Now that you've followed the steps above, you can set up your new smart card using the following steps:
- In the 'Smart card' section, find your level 3 or 4 smart card and choose 'Recover'
- Read the information provided and select 'Recover smart card'
- At the top-right of the page, select 'Menu' and choose 'Account'
- Scroll to the 'Continue registration' section and select 'Continue'
- Follow the steps provided to prove your identity again
- Once your document upload has been accepted, you will be asked to create your new smart card
Should you have any difficulty completing this process, please contact our service desk for assistance.