If you no longer have access to the mobile phone number on your account (or the Digidentity app is no longer generating your login codes), you can change your mobile phone number by following the steps below:
Starting the recovery
- Go to the Digidentity login page
- Enter in your email address or username
If you are not sure which to enter, please see: What is my username?
- Fill in your password
If you have also forgotten your password, please see: I forgot my password and don't have access to my old phone number/authenticator. What can I do?
- When asked for the security code, click 'I lost access to this code'.
- Provide the requested account recovery code, then click 'Continue'
For more information on your account recovery code and how to find it, please see: What is an Account Recovery code?
- Answer the security question
Changing your mobile phone number
- Select 'Edit' in the 'SMS authenticator' box (or 'Add' if you haven't added a number before)
- Enter your new mobile number and click 'Create SMS authenticator'
- You will now receive a confirmation code via SMS. Enter the code on the Digidentity web page, then click ‘Update authenticator’.
If you have any trouble receiving your SMS code, please see: Why didn't I receive my SMS confirmation code?
Accessing GOV.UK services
Once your two-factor authentication method has been updated, to continue to access GOV.UK services with your account, please see the following article for steps to log in: How do I get back to the registration web page? If you have already completed your verification, you will be automatically redirected to the GOV.UK service you require.