If you have been filling out the Digidentity registration web page on a computer or laptop, you will need to scan a QR code to set up your two-factor authentication with the app. This is a type of black and white square barcode found on the Digidentity web page during your registration.
Finding the QR code
If you are no longer on the Digidentity registration page, please follow the steps from this article on your computer: How do I get back to the registration web page?
- If you have already chosen to use the Digidentity app for your two-factor authentication, you will now see the QR code displayed on your screen.
- If you are asked to confirm your mobile phone number, select the 'I am unable to confirm my phone number' link and choose to use the Authenticator App. You will find the QR code on the next page.
If you can not see the QR code for any reason, please see: What is a QR code and how do I use it?
Setting up your two-factor authentication
Once you have the QR code on your computer screen, follow the steps below:
- Open the Digidentity app on your smartphone/tablet and select the 'SCAN QR CODE' option. A camera interface will then open on your device.
- Aim the camera towards the QR code shown on your computer screen. The app will then automatically recognise the QR code and start generating a six-digit code. This code will refresh every 30 seconds.
- Enter the code displayed on the app onto the Digidentity web page on your computer, then click ‘Next’
You will now be taken to the next stage in your verification.