If for any reason you are unable to complete your GOV.UK verification with Digidentity, there are still several ways you can access the GOV.UK service you require.
Try another GOV.UK verification service
Firstly, even if you can't verify with Digidentity, it may still be possible for you to verify with one of the other online verification companies available from the GOV.UK Verify web page. To try to verify with a different company, please follow the steps below:
- Go to https://www.signin.service.gov.uk/start and select the service you wish to access
- Select the option to set up an account as a first time user
- Proceed with answering the initial GOV.UK Verify questions
- On the "Choose a company to verify you" page, select one of the other online verification companies from the list.
Access the GOV.UK service you need using an alternative
Online verification is not mandatory. Therefore, if you aren't able to verify online, there are alternatives in place for you to access the GOV.UK service you require.
Universal Credit and DBS checks
For more information on the available alternatives for Universal Credit or a DBS check, please see the following articles:
Other GOV.UK services
For all other GOV.UK services, we recommend contacting the service you need directly. Below you will find contact details for each of those services. When contacting, please explain that you were unable to verify online for more information on the available alternatives.
- For the following services, please contact HMRC directly on 0300 200 3300
- Personal tax account
- Company car tax
- Income tax
- Registering as a trusted helper
- To complete a Self Assessment tax return, please contact HMRC Self Assessment on 0300 200 3310
National Insurance number
- For issues relating to your national insurance number, please contact HMRC on 0300 200 3500
- To check your state pension or receive a state pension forecast, please contact the Future Pension Centre on 0800 731 0175
- To claim a state pension, please contact State Pensions on 0800 731 7898
- For NHS pension information, please contact NHS pensions on 0300 330 1351
- To view or share driving licence information or to apply for a vehicle operator licence, please contact the DVLA on 0300 083 0013
- To report a medical condition or renew a short-term medical driving licence, please contact DVLA Medical Enquiries on 0300 790 6806
- For all issues relating to Rural Payments, please contact 03000 200 301
- To sign a mortgage deed, please contact HM Land Registry on 0300 006 0411