The Digidentity app can be used as a two-factor authentication method to keep your account secure. Once set up, the app will generate a code for you every thirty seconds that you will be asked to enter each time you log in. Only the most current code will be accepted.
If you are told when creating your account or logging in that the code generated by the Digidentity app is wrong or has expired, please check the following:
- Ensure that you are entering the code matching the requested ID on the login page
Each authenticator has its own ID (a randomly-generated series of numbers and letters by default). In the bottom right of the screenshot above you will see an example of what the ID looks like on the Digidentity app. Please make sure that the ID the Digidentity web page is asking for is the same as what is displayed on the app.
- Check the time settings on the smartphone/tablet where you have the Digidentity app installed
- If the time and date is not set to automatic (or 'network-provided' time), please turn this feature on
- If the time and date is already set to automatic, please turn the feature off and then on again so that your device's time updates
- If your code is still not accepted after turning your device's time to automatic, you could also try to manually change the time of your device to match up to your local time zone. You can find the correct time for your time zone by searching online (for example on Google).