In the personal details stage of the Digidentity verification process, we use UK credit history to confirm that the names and addresses you have provided on your account match and that we can generate information proving who you are.
If you receive a message saying that 'Digidentity was unable to verify your identity' after providing your personal details on our web page, this generally means that we are unable to find enough credit information attached to your details in order to confirm them. However, the check can also be affected by a number of other issues, so we advise that you check the following:
In the My Details section of your account page, please check the following:
- That your name has been entered correctly
- That you have provided your full name and not any initials
- That you have provided your middle names (if applicable)
If any of your information in the last 3-5 years has been registered under a different name, we recommend using the 'Add a new name' option to provide the other names.
In the Address Details section of your account page, please select 'Edit' next to each of your addresses to check the following:
- That each part of your address has been entered into the correct field and using the correct format
- That your postcode has been entered in the correct format (including a space and in all upper-case letters)
- That only numbers are entered into the house/flat number fields
- That only text is entered into the house/street name fields
If any of your information in the last 3-5 years has been registered under a different address, we recommend using the 'Add a new address' option to provide the other addresses.
Continuing with your verification
Once you have confirmed the details above, to check if you can proceed with your verification, please return to your Account Page and look for the section called 'Pending Products'. If you see a 'Continue' link for GOV.UK Verify, it means that we have successfully generated enough information for you to proceed with the next stage.
If you do not see a 'continue' option, unfortunately it will not be possible for you to complete your verification with Digidentity at this time. For more information on how to continue, please see the following article: What can I do if I can't verify online?