Unable to verify
To try and resolve the issue, we advise that you use the steps below to check your name and address details have been filled out correctly, and to add any recent information you haven't already provided.
Firstly, please click here to visit the name details section of your profile. On this page, please check:
- That your name has been entered correctly
- That you have provided your full name and not any initials
- That you have provided your middle names (if applicable)
- If any of your information in the last 3-5 years has been registered under a different name, please use the 'Add a new name' option to provide the other name(s)
Once you have checked your name details above, please click here to go to the address details section of your profile. On this page, select 'Edit' next to each of your addresses and check:
- That each part of your address has been entered into the correct field and using the correct format
- That your postcode has been entered in the correct format (including a space and in all upper-case letters)
- If any of your information in the last 3-5 years has been registered under a different address, please use the 'Add a new address' option to provide the other address(es)
Continuing with your verification
Once you've confirmed the details above, you can see whether the check has been successful by clicking here and selecting 'Continue' from the Continue registration section. If there is no 'continue' option available, this means that we have not been able to find enough active credit information matching with your personal details.
If you have a passport and an NFC-compatible smartphone, it may still be possible for you continue by scanning the embedded microchip in your passport with our app. For more information, please contact our service desk
If you don't have a passport, or you don't have access to an NFC-compatible smartphone, unfortunately it will not be possible for you to verify online at this time. As online verification is not mandatory, you can still access GOV.UK services through an alternative. For more information, please see: What can I do if I can't verify online?