A QR code is a black and white square barcode that is used when uploading documents or when using two-factor authentication via our app. This QR code can be found on the Digidentity registration web page when viewing it on a computer or laptop. It will not be found on your identity document. Below is an example QR code:
The information in this article is only applicable if you are viewing our webpage on a computer or laptop. If you are using a smartphone or tablet only, please return to our web page in your browser and tap the 'Open app' button to continue. You can find more information on the following pages:
Downloading the Digidentity app to scan your QR code
The QR codes used on our registration web page need to be scanned by the Digidentity app and will not respond correctly when scanned by other QR code scanning apps. Our app can be installed by searching 'Digidentity' in the app store of your smartphone/tablet or by heading to one of the links below:
Where can I find a QR code to upload my document?
When uploading a document, you will find the QR code you need on the Digidentity registration web page after logging in. One type of QR code will be shown on the login page itself (for those who have chosen to use the app for their two-factor authentication), and the type used for uploading documents will be found once logged in.
If you are no longer on our registration web page, please see: How do I return to my registration?
I have found my QR code, but the app won't recognise it
If you encounter any issues while scanning the QR code from your computer screen, we advise you to check the following:
- Ensure that you are using our specific app (Digidentity)
- Open the app store on your device and make sure that the Digidentity app is up to date
- Make sure that your mouse cursor is out of the way of the code
- Check that the code is not being covered by reflections on your computer screen
- Turn up the brightness of your computer screen.
- Hold your device at a distance and move it closer towards the code. At some point the code should be recognised
- If the camera image is blurry, wait for it to focus or try tapping the screen to force the camera to focus