There may be several reasons why your the details of your debit or credit card were not accepted.
On our web page you can try to verify a card that is Visa, Mastercard credit, or Maestro. The card must be in your name.
At this time we are unable to accept the following types of cards:
- Mastercard debit
- American express
- Prepaid (cash) cards
- Cards from digital or mobile-only banks
When verifying using a debit or credit card, a transaction of £0.00 is processed to check the card's validity. We require the following details:
- The sixteen-digit card number
- The CVV code
- The expiry month and year
- The cardholder's name (as printed on the card itself)
- The billing address of the card
If a detail is omitted on this page, it will not be possible for us to verify the card. If you feel uncomfortable providing these details, please see the following article for information on how to continue:
Issues that could affect your card verification
The following issues can stop your card from being successfully verified:
- If the card is blocked or cancelled
- If the card has expired
- If the chosen billing address does not match. On our page, you can choose from the addresses already provided on your Digidentity account or provide a different address.
- If the card number, expiry date and/or card holder name have been entered incorrectly
- If the account isn't in a positive balance, or is in overdraft
Retrying your details
To return to your registration and retry your debit/credit card details, please select the service you require from https://www.signin.service.gov.uk/paused/digidentity and provide your Digidentity login details.
If you have tried all possible cards in your name and financial verification continues to be unsuccessful, it may still be possible for you to complete the registration by verifying a different identity document.
To check if you can proceed without your financial card, please scroll to the bottom of the page and select the ‘Back’ link. You will then be asked whether you have a UK debit/credit card in your name. If you answer 'NO, I DON'T', our system will ask you about other documents.