When verifying a credit or debit card, a transaction of £0.00 is processed to check its validity. You can try a card which is Visa, Mastercard or Maestro and it must be in your name. You will be asked to provide the following details:
- Card number
- Expiry month and year
- Cardholder's name (the name which is stated on the card itself)
- Cardholder's billing address
If the verification is unsuccessful, it could be related to the following:
1. The card is blocked or cancelled
2. The card has expired
3. The billing address does not match
4. The card number, expiry date and/or card holder name have been entered incorrectly
5. The account isn't in a positive balance
6. We cannot accept Mastercard debit (credit is OK), American Express or prepaid cards
Due to the source we currently use, unfortunately we are unable to verify certain debit cards. This includes Nationwide, HSBC, Barclays, Lloyds, TSB and First Direct. All the same, we still advise you to try all possible debit cards in your name, otherwise the credit cards should be accepted.
If you have tried all possible cards in your name and financial verification continues to be unsuccessful, it may still be possible for you to complete the registration by verifying a different identity document. To check if you can proceed without this evidence, you can select the ‘Back’ link and state 'NO, I DON'T' to having the credit/debit card.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you require any further assistance.