In order to verify your credit or debit card, a transaction of £0.00 is processed to check the validity of your card. If the transaction is unsuccessful it could be related to the following:
- The card is blocked or cancelled.
- The card has expired.
- The billing address does not match.
- The number, expiry date and/or card holder name have been entered incorrectly.
- There is a negative balance on your account.
- We are currently unable to verify Nationwide visa debit, Mastercard debit, American Express, Amex or prepaid cards.
If the billing address is not available to select, you can click 'Add billing address' to enable the option to select it.
If you have tried all possible cards in your name and financial verification continues to be unsuccessful, it may still be possible for you to complete registration by verifying a different identity document. To check if you can proceed without this evidence, you can select the ‘Back’ link and state 'NO, I DON'T' to having the credit/debit card.