The SMS code sent to you is valid for 2 minutes. If you do not receive the code at all or you did and it had already expired, it may be due to the following:
- The mobile phone number was entered incorrectly, or an incorrect international dialing code was provided.
- Your mobile device does not allow flash texts (these are different to the usual text message).
- You are in an area that has poor signal.
- We may have a high volume of visitors which can cause a delay in sending the code.
- There may be mobile network issues.
Please find below a list of possible solutions:
- Check that the relevant international dialing code has been selected and that you provided the correct mobile number.
- If you did receive any messages from us, please delete them off your phone.
- Restart your phone, then click 'Resend confirmation code' (this should send a regular text message).
- Return to your registration at a later time to try this process again.
If you continue to experience difficulties, you can skip this stage by stating that you cannot confirm your mobile number.
You will be directed to add two-factor authentication after this stage (setting up login codes). We suggest that you then try using our Digidentity authenticator app as an alternative method of generating the codes. Please see Two Factor Authentication Using the Digidentity App for more information.