If you have no longer have access to the mobile phone number or app that you used to receive the login codes for your Digidentity account, it is possible to recover this login detail from the Digidentity login page. To do so, please follow the steps below:
Recovering your two-factor authentication
- Go to the Digidentity login page
If on a mobile device, we recommend opening this page in Chrome, Safari, or Firefox and not using the Google Search app)
- Enter in your email address or username
If you are not sure which to enter, please see the following article: What is my username?
- Fill in your password
- When asked for the security code, click 'I lost access to this code'.
- Provide the requested account recovery code, then click 'Continue'
For more information on your account recovery code and how to find it, please see the following article: What is an Account Recovery code?
- Answer the security question
You will now be given the option to add a new two-factor authenticator to your account. This can be set up via SMS, or through Digidentity authenticator app. Below you will find steps to follow depending on which you would like to set up.
Setting up the SMS authenticator
- Select 'Add' in the 'SMS authenticator' box (or 'Edit' if there is an old number listed on the page)
- Enter the new mobile number and click 'Create SMS authenticator'
- You will now receive a confirmation code via SMS. Enter the code into the confirmation onto our web page, then click ‘Update authenticator’.
If you have any trouble receiving your SMS code, please see the following article: Why didn't I receive my SMS confirmation code?
Setting up the Digidentity authenticator app
Please see the following article for more detailed information: How do I set up the Digidentity app after recovering my two-factor authentication?
Accessing GOV.UK services
Once your two-factor authentication method has been updated, to continue to access GOV.UK services with your account, please select the service you need from https://www.signin.service.gov.uk/paused/digidentity and provide your Digidentity login details.