To recover your two-factor authentication, you will require your Account Recovery code which was formerly known as your PUK (Personal Unlocking Key) code. This was sent via email when you first registered.
(For mobile number recovery, please ignore step 7)
Firstly, go to the Digidentity login page
1. Click the link 'Recover your login details'.
2. Tick the box for 'I lost my two-factor authentication', then click ‘Recover’.
3. Enter your username and password.
4. Enter your Account Recovery/PUK code and date of birth, then click 'Confirm'.
5. You can add/edit the mobile number in the SMS authenticator box OR for the app click 'Add' in the Digidentity authenticator box.
6. Enter the new mobile number and click 'Create/Update SMS authenticator' OR for the app create a name for your new authenticator code, then click 'Create authenticator'.
7. Go to the Secure My Account section of the Digidentity app, and use the camera to scan the QR code on screen.
8. You will receive a confirmation code to your mobile or device. Enter the code into the confirmation code field, then click ‘Update authenticator’.
Access to your account should be granted and two-factor authentication recovered. If not, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Log into your required service by signing in with GOV.UK Verify from https://www.digidentity.eu/govuk/start (state that you have used Verify before)