If you select on the Digidentity login page that you have forgotten your password or have lost access to your two-factor authentication, you will be asked to enter an account recovery code. How you find your account recovery code will depend on when you last accessed your Digidentity account:
Registered or logged in after 2017?
If you have accessed your Digidentity account any time after the 3rd of November 2017, your account recovery code will be sent by email automatically when selecting that you have forgotten or lost access to a login detail.
Each time you recover your login details, you'll receive a new account recovery code, which is valid for 15 minutes. If you have any issues receiving this code or if it expires, you can click the option on our web page to resend a new code.
Haven't received your code?
If you don't receive an email from us after requesting a new code, please check the following:
- Make sure you are checking the inbox for the email address that your Digidentity account is registered to
- Check your junk/spam folder for the email
- Try adding email@example.com to your email address book or safe-senders list, then resend the account recovery code
- If you continue to have trouble receiving your code, please contact our service desk.
Haven't logged in since 2017?
If you created your Digidentity account before the 3rd of November 2017 and have not accessed the account since then, when recovering a login detail you may be asked to provide the original account recovery code (or 'PUK' code) sent to your email when you first created your account.
Can't find your code?
If you are having trouble finding your original account recovery code, please try the following:
- Search your email account for the email address our codes are sent from (firstname.lastname@example.org). There you should find an email with 'PUK code' or 'Account Recovery Code' in the subject line.
- If recovering your password, take a look at the following password requirements just in case it helps you remember. Our password requirements before 2018 were as follows:
- Must be at least 8 characters long
- Must contain at least one upper case letter
- Must contain at least one lower case letter
- Must contain at least one number
If you have tried the above and still can't find your original code, please contact our service desk for further assistance.